How about an organic non-dairy, oh so berry approach to healthy goodness? I snagged this easy to make recipe out of Yoga Journal Magazine a while back and I love it. Chia seeds have a massive amount of nutrients with few calories. Loaded with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and micronutrients. Adding organic maple syrup has its magnesium and zinc health benefits too. This recipe can fit into so many dietary restrictions: gluten-free, dairy-free, low sodium, low sugar, low calorie, vegetarian, vegan... if you wish, substituting where necessary! Minimal ingredients, 10 min or less to prep and just cover it and put it in the fridge to thicken up (I usually do a few hours or overnight for added thickness)
RECIPE: Combine all in a bowl, cover and refrigerate. After refrigerated top it off with a few additional berries and organic shaved almonds or gluten free granola for a little crunch! Enjoy!
- 1 can organic unsweetened light coconut milk (I like canned by Native Forrest) or your milk of choice
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds (Trader Joes now carries)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract non-alcoholic (Simply Organic) ~or more to taste:)
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic fresh rasberries & blueberries (can do some before, some after refrigerate)
If you create your own variation of this please share it back with me!