Happy Valentines Day Everyone!
I know this is one of those commercial holidays that depending on how you look at it, may not be your favorite day... I've been there and can pretty much guarantee, we've all been there at one time or another, am I right? Let's see if we can shift our perspective and let go of that feeling.
Today doesn't have to be about celebrating the LOVE you're either In or Not In with someone else but it can be simply about celebrating LOVE. You can make it a day that feels amazing no matter what your relationship status is. And ladies I say, if you're waiting on a guy to overly woo you, I would maybe focus on wooing him... for the joy of doing it and not worry about what you get in return. Try it on for size if you never have... see how that feels?
TIPS ON WOOING HIM
- Make the dinner reservation at his favorite spot
- Call for the uber
- Cook dinner for him
- Create something personal for him; photo book, memory video
- Leave a handwritten card; in his lap top, under pillow, on his car seat
TIPS ON WOOING YOU
- Take your favorite fitness class today
- Schedule a self love day; mani/pedi, massage, facial
- Meditate; visualize the love you want to have in your life
- Plan a dinner with friends
- Have a cozy PJ night and watch a funny movie
As I save the best for last... indulge in a sensual desert for the love of LOVE! My personal favorite are dark chocolate or yogurt covered strawberries. They are really fun to make too should you want to give that a go...
Click here for a recipe from the Food Network I love. I used the stove top versus microwave and organic strawberries. Mine didn't turn out quite this pretty but I am sure equally delicious!
Have a loving day no matter what! Tell the people in your life your love them, share your joy with people around you. If you have any fun tips you want to add to the mix, leave them in the comments, I love hearing from you guys. All you need is LOVE.