Happy Soulful Sunday... May I ask you "How deep is your love?"
I peeled myself out of my 5PM jet lag slumber yesterday to head to my 3rd quarter meeting with the tremendous women of The New Hollywood and boy am I glad I did. As a lot of LOVE and enthusiasm is shared in this group our mission is to encourage each other to Rise Higher, Shine Brighter and Give Back. The reminders of self-love came through in several inspiring ways, so today I feel inclined to take a minute to connect with all of you on this.
Self-love is wildly talked about all over the place. Although it's something universally discussed and we bloggers can give all the tips we want, it's delicately personal isn't it? What self-love looks like for me may look completely different for you. Take a minute though, grab a pen and paper and ask yourself:
- What is self-love?
- What does it mean to me?
- How can I put energy toward this daily?
- What are the results I can envision for committing to these acts of self-love?
I'm hoping this exercise will get you started. If you're someone that's lacking awareness around something you would even refer to self-love, that's ok too. Think of creating rituals, from your rituals you will expand and begin to widen your scope and naturally make space for more self-love over time. When you sit with yourself and write these things down you can identify what this will look like for you. How nice would that feel? Keep your paper, heck post it on your mirror as a quick reference. Stay connected to your self-love.
4 Tips To Creating Self-Love
- Seek joy- think of something that makes you smile, what gives you an endorphin uplift, what makes you laugh.
- Know that your body is worthy of unconditional love- thank your body parts for all they do, appreciate what you've been given, nurture your body mindfully.
- Find your happy place- sit quietly anywhere and just be, feel the air surrounding you, hear whatever noises are present, smell the scent before you, feel it's simplicity.
Depending on your generation and musical preference take a listen to "How Deep Is Your Love" by the Bee Gee's or Calvin Harris and grab a dancing partner or even a fan to blow your hair and you'll be smiling and feeling lovely in no time, just imagine you asking yourself the lyrics.... and let the good self-loving roll!
Let me know how this goes gang. Remember it's a practice, a practice so worthy of doing. I love hearing from you.